Katie's Profile

Katie Harris

Local activist

Wirral, Merseyside 
Group(s): Cymru, North West Area, Summit Magazine: Potential Photographers List, Summit Magazine: Potential Writers List
Katie Harris

Biography

Hiya, I'm 23.

My parents introduced me to the outdoors and took me up my first hills as soon as I'd learnt to walk. I'm into everything outdoorsy, I've been kayaking for 11 years now (WhiteWater, Sea kayaking and surf), regularly walking and climbing outdoors (trad) since 2004. I was introduced to winter mountaineering on a course run by Plas y Brenin in 2008. I've spent more days on the hill in 2010 than in "real life". I'm into winter walking although did my first grade 2 gully at the weekend (Fork Gully, Stob Coire nan Lochan). I spend most of my time in Snowdonia.

I've worked in lots of outdoor centres and currently working towards my Summer ML and SPA. I'm a qualified Geography Teacher but currently working for a large outdoor retail company, and trying to find a teaching job...

I've been on expedition in Snowdonia, Cairngorms, Turkey (a section of the Lycian Way) and Arctic Norway. Currently fundraising for a trip out to Baffin Island, Arctic Canada in summer 2010....check out my website... http://katiesadventures.wetpaint.com

Most Recent Blog Posts

Recent Activity

No recent activity