Gill's Profile

Gill Peet

Local activist

Blackburn, Lancashire 
Group(s): British Bouldering Team
Gill Peet

Biography

I have been climbing since the age of 12 years old, however i only began taking it a bit more seriously in my late teens i.e Venturing out on to the real stuff! After finishing my degree in 2007, studying Sports Coaching, i decided to throw myself in to my climbing and began to train to enhance my performance on a regular basis.

It was always difficult to find any women who were just as keen to climb with, but then i met my best pal, Tanya, who was equally as motivated and we trained together and started hanging out at Boulder UK, where we became good friends with most of the crew down there.

We experienced our first sport climbing holiday in Spain in 2008, thankfully assisted by Ian & Gaz! From then on, i was completely obssessed with climbing and once one trip had finished, i'd book the next!

Where am i now?

Bouldering: This is my first year in the GB Bouldering Team and I am very thrilled and excited to be representing the country. I climb regulary at my local walls Boulder UK and Preston and climb up to V7 (the odd V8) indoors. Outside, I have bouldered V8 at Woodwell (South Lakes) : The Beauty of Being Numb & Screaming Slave. More recently I have done a V9 eliminate at Longridge.

Sport Climbing: I particulary love climbing in Spain and my favourite destination is Montgrony, Ripoll (Northern Spain). I can regularly flash up to 7a+/b with my hardest flash a 7B+ at Salarettes in Spain. I would love to redpoint something hard, but right now I am psyched to onsight or flash every route I try within my comfort zone as I feel this is more personally rewarding.

Trad Climbing: Something for the future! I have done quite a bit, but in my early beginner days, i'd really like to get in to trad climbing more!

Most Recent Blog Posts

Recent Activity

No recent activity