Edward's Profile

Edward Hamer

Local activist

Bakewell, UK 
Group(s): Peak Area
Edward Hamer

Biography

I am 18 years old and have been climbing for 6 years and a member of the GB team for 2 years. Last year I achieved my best European position at Kranj which was 10th place and I am hoping to improve on that this year in the up coming events. I train 6 times a week at The Works in Sheffield.I also climb Outdoors  and as we live in the Peak District I have plenty of opportunity to do so. To date I have bouldered 10  V12's, 13 V11's, 15 V10's, and 32 V9's. In Sport climbing I have climbed 28 8a's one of which I flashed and another onsighted, 7  8a+'s and 7 8b's. In Trad climbing I successfully repeated an unusual E6 6b at Curbar called The Fall, repeated Master's Edge E7 6b, Balance it Is E7 6c, and recently got the third ascent of Pete Whittakers Silent Scream E7 6c at Burbage South.

My best climbing achievements so far include 8b Sport second go, 8a onsight and in bouldering getting 3 second ascents of V12's.  I am currently sponsored by Red Chili/Wild Country and Moon.
I have a background of Mountaineering, and completed Cotopaxi 5985m in Ecuador, and continue to enjoy this when I have the time.

I travel extensively when I have the chance, and am planning a number of climbing trips in the near future, to push my current grades up. These may include France, USA and a possible trip to Eritrea in Africa to put up new routes, where my father is an exploration geologist.

Most Recent Blog Posts

Recent Activity

No recent activity